That being said, I have become a little more attune to the rings around me. Big rocks, infinity bands and classic settings all seem to have added sparkle these days. But what's really caught my eye is the season's trend for enormous fashion rings - aggressive accessories that could be mistaken for knuckle-dusters and should not be allowed on flights. Designed to shock, intimidate or actually impale, we're talking about big ass rings that pack a mean punch.
Which, come to think of it, makes them perfect to wear at sample sales.
|Alexander McQueen | Skull Shark Tooth Ring @ Matches|
|Frank Montialoux | Dracula Ring @ Montaigne Market|
|Nak Armstrong | Diamond Cocktail Ring @ Barneys|
|Sandra Dini | Red Coral Ring @ Barneys|
|Ileana Makri | Cone Ring @ Montaigne Market|
|Tom Binns | Class Stud Ring @ Selfridges|
|Pamela Love | Bronze Steak Ring @ Browns|
Style File Followers Take Note:
1. To clarify, the mention of shotguns was a reference to shotgun weddings, and in no way related to complicated families.
2. The canapés at my bf's wedding last weekend were exquisite. If you fancy some fancy take-a-way in Paris, visit Dalloyau.
3. Seriously people. Some of these rings are downright ugly. You'd remove a wart from your finger. Why wear one?
4. I'm pretty sure that the Nak Armstrong ring was an extra in Alien.
5. Next time you see me at a sample sale, you'd better drop the blazer I was eyeing. Now.