But enough of the mushy stuff.
The fact is, I remain at a loss as to how bloggers balance life, work commitments, and travel (if they're travel bloggers) with the act of sitting on ones ass and actually blogging. And blogging intelligently and/or amusingly no less. I wish I knew their secret because there are times when I really struggle to produce a post. This is one of those times. All the packing and unpacking of the past few months has mucked up my productivity, and as grateful as I am for all the blog fodder I've seen and experienced, I'd be happy not to see another suitcase for a while so that I can catch up with my life, let alone my posts.
Which is my round-about way of saying that this post's going to be short and to the point: A quick run-down of this season's hottest designer carry-ons as I bid (a temporary but necessary) adieu to mine.
|Brit Large Cabin Case @ Aspinal of London|
|Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Leather Travel Trolley @ Net-a-Porter|
|BRICS Missoni Limited Edition Four-Wheel 54cm Suitcase @ Selfridges|
|Caleche Express Petite Cabine & Document Holder @ Hermes|
|Terence Trolley @ Jimmy Choo|
|Pegase 55 Business @ Louis Vuitton|
|Mulberry Leopard Trolley @ Net-a-Porter|
|Smoky Grey Trolly @ Prada|
|Rimowa Salsa IATA Cabin Suitcase @ Selfridges|
|Versace Baroque-Print Leather Suitcase @ Net-a-Porter|
Style File Followers Take Note:
1. I'll admit that wheeled cabin luggage isn't the sexiest travel accessory, but being hunched over with a bad back after schlepping a fancy carpet bag isn't that sexy either.
2. The Brics Missoni one: Not so hot. In fact, it's gross. Which is a shame because I love Missoni and I love Brics and would have thought that a collaboration between these two cool Italian brands could work. But if I ever saw that thing going around a luggage carousel I'd be thinking "Who's Grandmother is gonna claim that?". The Grandmother of whoever owns the Versace one, of course.
3. I don't mean to be judgemental but I bet the little missy who wheels around the Jimmy Choo one is a bit of a tart.
4. I bet the chiquita who uses the Mulberry one is a bit of an animal. (Did you just slap your thigh real hard?)
5. Better camouflage would have been to hide the Prada logo. "Hello, Pikey. Come and steal my bag!"
6. In case you're wondering, mine's a red Rimowa. They're super-lightweight and sturdy. Why waste baggage allowance on heavy leathers when it's what's inside that counts?