I know, I know - it's the burning question, searing like London's Olympic flame.
Well, given that I had about an hour to pack (and that includes packing for Monsieur and dealing with our combined toiletries, which always takes longer than it should) I had to make a snap decision (not my forte) about what to wear to The Olympics.
Okay... I appreciate that it's a bit subtle but the draping should provide a hint: Greece! Not the bankrupt, defaulting, soon-to-be-ex-Eurozone country, but the Greece of ancient history, from whence the Olympics were borne. As I haven't invested in any Lanvin this season, I retrieved this old DVF dress from the back of my wardrobe (looked better in the store than on) to make a personal homage to the very first Olympic games.
That's me, in front of the Aquatics Centre, in all my Grecian glory.
Right down to the Michael Kors sandals.
And the Kors handbag.
Okay, fine. There's nothing particularly ancient or Grecian about my accessories. And come to think of it, I was head to toe in American designers. I might as well have been doing what this guy was doing on the tube:
But I'm not that kinda gal. When it comes to wearing a flag, I don't find the stars and stripes nearly as flattering as a good ol' Canadian maple leaf.
Style File Followers Take Note:
1. The leggings were Wolford (Austria, no medals) and the poncho in my hand is Crimson Cashmere (France, a whole lotta medals).
2. I refuse to wear those flat gladiator sandals that have been so popular for the last two years. They cut right across the base of your toes and make even pretty feet look ungainly. If you own a pair, please throw them in the bin. With your Uggs.
3. Not that gladiators were Greek, mind you.
4. Although I proudly support Canada, in the 4 x 100 men's relay I was rootin' for The States. Go Phelps, Go! And he did!
5. Contrary to what any dumb-ass American Presidential wannabe and tax-evader may say, the London 2012 Olympics seemed to be exceptionally well organised. Congratulations, Blighty. You done good. And a bloody good show on the medals front!