So here we are. 2013. We weren't supposed to make it past 2012 yet 2013 is what it says on the Les Chiens en France calender that my best friend gave me for Christmas and that I'm now obliged to hang in our kitchen even though, entre nous, the dogs featured are hardly as adorable as my own. (You know what I mean.)
But that's not my point.
My point is that time flies. Quickly. I haven't posted a Style File since LAST YEAR. Lots has happened in the interim; too much to cover in a single post in the time I have to write it.
I do, however, have enough time to share with you this new brunch menu from a restaurant here in Paris. I received it via a very well-connected connection who doesn't want the word to spread since this place is impossible to get into as it is. But since my blogger stats tell me that Pepita Style File followers are largely from The States, Canada, Britain and Australia (I think that's you, Giselle), I'm pretty sure that the few Paris-based readers who see this menu won't cause a run on the joint.
Run away; perhaps.
Style File Followers Take Note:
1. Once you saw the heading People Meat, I bet the words Meat Balls looked more menacing than usual.
2. That would be Gianni's coglioni and Juan's cojones, fyi.
3. That would make the Philly Cheesesteak too gross to contemplate.
4. Oddly enough, one of the movies shown on French TV during the holidays was Soylent Green.
5. "Where the people meet... face to face, dance cheek to cheek..." No matter how you spell it, people get eaten in that song.
6. I would like to take this opportunity to say a personal hello to, according to google analytics, my single Style File follower in Djibouti.
7. Make no bones about it: Le Beef Club is a very good restaurant with amazing steaks and a groovy cocktail lounge in the basement - and this is without a doubt the best looking brunch menu I've ever seen in Paris. So if you're in town, go on and try it. Just don't tell too many people: I suspect that a little cannibalism among friends might lead to a shortage.